Recent Posts

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kayla's Kwik Kuts

I have become the official barber of our household. 

I have no training whatsoever. 

None. 

But, when you are following Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover, every penny saved can go towards paying off your debt snowball!!!  So, viola....Kayla's Kwik Kuts was born....although just between you and me - I give really slow hair cuts!

I already showed you L-Girl's new bangs...in case you missed them, here they are again in all their glory!

I also recently cut D-man's hair.  He finally got too hot with his Justin Beiber-esque coif.  As seen below at the spelling bee.


And, as seen here....the real reason he finally wanted it cut....



All that hair makes for VERY hot baseball in Georgia!

So, he got this hair cut....


He calls it "The Hawk" because I buzzed the sides and left it longer on top - so he can rock a faux mohawk if he wants...he usually doesn't, but he could if he wanted to.

A-man was looking a little crazy too, so even though I loved his little curls we was getting on the back of his head, he too, needed a good summer cut.

Before.... or how it looked most days when we left the house....because I forgot to check to see if his hair was combed!


Before....after I had combed it a bit....

During...


And after...



A-Girl just wants her hair to keep growing and growing and growing - so I just trim her ends.  S-Girl has not had her first mommy hair cut yet...I am a little afraid of her hair... it is very fine -but it is getting split ends - so I am going to have to tough it out.  I will keep you posted.  V-Girl doesn't need one yet....don't be fooled by this picture...

  Check our her "bug bit right between the eyes" bindi!

Rainman, since our move to Georgia, has adopted this really difficult style....


So, how about me?  This is what I looked like when we moved.....



I got a trim a few months after we moved.  I didn't like what she did and haven't had it cut since..that was November of 2009. 

So, as part of our Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover....and Style Maven of the South that I am...




I wear it in a bun or a french twist every day.  I don't think I have every seen this particular view of my ear before.  Weird.....

I was wearing pony tails - but my hair is so heavy, it gives me headaches so..... there it is.   My friend Alicia and I used to joke that one day we would become bun wearing missionaries....I guess I am half way there already! 

Someday soon, I will be going to get my hair set every week and wrapping my hair in toilet paper when I sleep at night  -  so I don't mess it up whilst sleeping!  But, all of that glamour and maintenance will have to wait until we finish our Total Money Makeover!

0 comments: